This blog is like Seinfeld. It's not really "about" anything.

Friday, February 24, 2006

horsing around at work

My co-worker and I had a little too much fun today. He made a reference about how scheduling a certain meeting would be putting the buggy in front of the horse. So I wrote back to correct the expression, which is actually "putting the cart before the horse". For some reason, when I wrote "the cart", I remembered Rene "Descartes" (pronounced day-cart) who is credited with the famous saying "I think, therefore I am". So I emailed a classic quip to my co-worker:

Descartes walks into a bar, the bartender asks, "Can I get you a drink?"
Descartes replies, "I think not."
...and he disappears.


2 emails later my co-worker and I had come up with something of our own.

A horse walks into a bar and waits patiently to be served. Rene Descartes walks in shortly after and the bartender almost trips over himself to serve Descartes first. Miffed, the horse speaks up and says "Excuse me, bartender, I was here first." Realizing his blunder, the bartender apologized and said "I wasn't thinking, sir"...and he disappeared.

Lesson? Don't put Descartes before the horse.


[tap-tap] Is this thing on?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mau said...

Hilarity. Made myself choke from laughing.

5:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home