This blog is like Seinfeld. It's not really "about" anything.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

no autographs, please

Working From Home: Advantage #264 - You get to listen to the radio all day. Which has enabled me to make my second appearance in as many weeks on a major American media outlet. I'm sure you all saw me when I was featured on NBC's Today Show on March 10 as "Woman on Street in Blue Hat, Waving Hello". The powers-that-be must have seen my performance, because that opened the door to my next appearance this afternoon on Kool 105.5's Lunchtime Cafe with Chef Mike Perry. I was invited to be featured as "The Tenth Caller". I was caught by surprise, however when I dialed in and actually got through on the first try. I had just taken an enormous bite of meatloaf and potatoes, so when the DJ answered, I was only able to muster a muffled "Am-I-da-tenf-carler?". As good fortune would have it, I WAS da tenf carler! For my appearance, I was paid generously with dinner for two at Costello's Ristorante Italiano. If you wish to book me for similar appearances, like "Inarticulate Crime Eyewitness" on the local news, or "Woman Falling on Wedding Cake" in Funniest Home Videos, please call my agent.

1 Comments:

Blogger BrownBerry said...

Mercy!!! Nothing like being in my hotel room at 1:47AM in a foreign land...errr..state, and being able to laugh as loud as I want while reading this brilliance!! I'll be happy to join you as your sidekick affectionately dubbed "Wide-Eyed Babbling Brown Girl"

1:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home