This blog is like Seinfeld. It's not really "about" anything.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

another gem

How is it that "Full House" and "I Dream of Jeannie" are still in re-runs, but not this?? I need my Nell.



That was the Season 1 Intro. Season 3, if you please...



I KNOW. Much better! They changed the lyrics, borrowed Herbie Hancock's synthesizer, and really snazzed things up.

In an age where kids have their first set of veneers by 3rd grade, it's cool look back and see Lara Jill Miller with real, old-fashioned metal braces. No ceramic brackets! No Invisalign! And that poor aquarium really got a workout, didn't it?? First the vacuum, then the juggling. I hope the fish negotiated a better contract. The best, of course, is when Nell strangles that lying bastard scale to death.

In the last couple seasons, they brought in a bunch of new characters, but it just wasn't the same ol "Gimme"! Well, I liked her best friend Addy cuz Nell was always tackling her and wrestling around with her for various reasons. The friend's name was Telma Hopkins in real life and every time I saw the credits, I thought her name was Thelma and they forgot the H. Joey Lawrence, however did NOTHING for me. A singing, tap-dancing, cheese-grinning boy with a Dorothy Hamill bowl haircut exactly like mine? Why waste my time when I could be drooling over Tommy, the blonde, sun-tanned stud from "Alice". Give ME a break.

3 Comments:

Blogger BrownBerry said...

First and foremost, you should do this for a living!!

Second, we really DID live parallel lives in our growing up years - these gems and your commentary PROVE it!

8:50 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

what's next? The A-team? 80's tv has so much potential material for you're blog.

3:44 PM

 
Blogger Voss Family said...

Time for a new update!!!!!!!!

4:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home